Ok so I have been training for this 180KM bike ride from Airdrie to Olds. Each time I go out I get scared that I am not going to be able to finish this thing since:
a. I'm out of shape
b. My bum kills like a sunnuva
c. I never seem to get past 40kms without dying
So yesterday Annette, Jamie and I decide to do the path from Elks golf course to Chestermere. We all set our computers together and half way I realize that my computer is off by A LOT. I know that mine must be wrong since Annette's GPS is close to her own computer reading on her bike. After doing some calculations in my head I realize that my system is calculating MILES rather than KILOMETERS. THANK THE LORD ABOVE. I'm not as bad as I thought I was......we finished 75 kms yesterday and I feel okay today so I think I'll actually be able to do this thing after all. 19 days to go.
No comments:
Post a Comment