Saturday, January 13, 2007

Everyting is Irie Mahn

I hope everyone that is reading this is doing well, assuming I actually know you. Not that I wish bad things on strangers, but you know what I mean.

Things have been good since arriving home. My job is fantastic (they actually treat me well - wow, what a concept), my apartment is wonderful, my friends in T.O have been great, and I am happy to be here.

Things I Miss About Calgary:
  1. Nicastro's house flavoured wings, which probably taste better now that the smoking bylaw is in effect
  2. The big blue sky and the sun. I have had to use my sunglasses twice since moving to Toronto
  3. Movie Central. For some stupid reason the movie channels out here don't show "The L Word", one of my favourite shows
  4. Ginger Beef. They just don't make it right out here if they attempt to make it at all
  5. Seeing the mountains in the distance
  6. The Uptown Theatre. Love that place.

Things I Don't Miss About Calgary:
  1. The traffic
  2. The stupid drivers
  3. The construction
  4. The lack of snow plowing
  5. Gravel hitting my windshield
  6. Having the pay for shitty health care out of my pocket
I know I'll add the weather to the 'things I miss' in the summer when it's +60 celcius with the humidex. However, there is nothing like wearing shorts in the evening here. It stays warm from morning to night. I remember how romantic it felt when I was young, walking hand in hand along the beach, in shorts and a tee. Ah, the good old days.

But I digress.

Well, that's it for this entry. I have about 6 loads of laundry to do and I have to catch up on about 6 movies on my movie review blog.

Have a wonderful week everyone!


Disclaimer:

By the above statement of not missing anything about Calgary, that does not include

people. So please don't get your knickers in a knot if you are reading this, feeling a little insulted. I miss you all. Kisses.


No comments: