Monday, August 06, 2007

In Love With.....

I'm in love with the streetcar. The windows wide open, the sounds of the street, the lack of sound from an engine......just the humming along the track. The clink of the bell when the drivers signal to one another as they roll by.

I'm in love with a new flower shop that I discovered on Broadview, just south of Danforth. They have all types of plants and flowers, at a reasonable price...without the pretentious feeling. Just a family-owned business. I love to give flowers because most people don't receive them as much as they deserve.

I'm in love with air fresheners. I know that sounds ridiculous, but I can't pass that aisle in a supermarket without stopping to smell them. My favourites are from Febreze. I like a fresh smelling apartment, what can I say?

I'm in love with the sound of people reading the newspaper, or magazines. The sound of the pages flipping, the crinkling of the paper, the index finger and thumb squeezing a page before it turns.

I'm in love with the Purolator dude that delivers to our office. He is genuinely excited to see us, and spills over with life. He loves his job; I can't help but smile when he shows up.

I'm in love with Last FM. It took me a few weeks to get over Pandora, when they decided to not allow Canadian residents to use their service. I stumbled across Last FM, and I haven't looked back since.

I'm in love with Crystal Light Iced Tea. It's delightful, when I am trying to wean myself off of Diet Coke.

I'm in love with all of the people that take the time to read my blog. It's flattering that I can write stuff that actually interests you, and that you keep coming back for more, even when I get grumpy with some posts.

Lastly, I am in love with.................who I have become. It took me 35 years, but it's been well worth getting to know who I am, and who I want to surround myself with.

That would be you.

3 comments:

J. L. said...

You're awfully full of love! I love it!

Nicole - The F**k You Up Fairy said...

You're so full of it!

Love, I mean.

Anonymous said...

Ok...I need to meet your friend Nicole the F&@k you up fairy. She is hilarious....One might even say....I love her.....Humour that is.