Monday, December 03, 2007

Anniversary

















So today is my one year anniversary of being home in the T-Dot. I arrived at about 7:30 pm, a year ago today.

So far, in one year I have accomplished....

NOTHING.

I have worked my ass off at 2 jobs and have been pinching pennies. Attempted to pay off the move. Got rid of the car, and that totally blew. My F/T job is okay, if I could just fix one problem that I don't believe will ever go away unless I go first.

I have met up with tons of friends over the last year which has been good...this whole Facebook phenomenon has been wonderful. I now hang with friends that I haven't seen in 17 years.
I hardly see my family - actually I think I saw them more when I lived in Calgary. Not placing blame on anyone, it's just hard when I can't pick up and see them as much as I would like.

So, the jury is still out as to whether it was a good decision to come home. I'd like to make more money so that I don't have to work so many jobs. I would like one problem to go away from my full-time job. I would like a car.

I'm not going anywhere soon though, as I have spent money getting an Ontario health card, and my Ontario licence. I gave my landlord another 12 months of cheques as well. I think it really boils down to laziness. The thought of moving right now sucks eggs.

What is life about anyhow? There has to be more than this. It seems like the fun times are few and far between and most of us are spending our time trying to get by, day by day. Struggles are different for everyone, but we all don't take enough time out for ourselves.

I'm taking some time out for myself now and going the hell to bed.

Bah, humbug.

1 comment:

Nicole - The F**k You Up Fairy said...

Well I, for one, am glad to have you back.

Also, I think you're doing a lot better than you seem to think you are. Hang in there kid!