Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Rally Roo

I'm kind of excited.

First my sister asked me the other day where she could find a drafting table. A nonchalant question, but it excited me nonetheless. Laurelle has an artistic gift. She was into art and fashion as a high school student. I always tried my hand at art class, but I'm pretty sure the teachers just passed me through the system with B's because they felt sorry for the jock that was trying to be artistic too...I can admit now that I was truly terrible.

I think she got her talent from my mother. My mom used to talk on the phone and doodle. Her doodles always looked like hour-glass models dressed in modern fashions. My father, on the other hand, always had smiley faces with a single curl on each head, and a pipe hanging out of the mouth. I got my artistic non-talent from him.

She continued to George Brown for graphic design and graduated with a 3 year diploma. She never utilized this diploma, but come on. Who really does?

Her focus changed throughout the years and now she is realizing she really misses it.

Secondly, I got this random email the other day...from blogger. It said an author had just posted an entry. That author was my sister. How exciting is that?!?!?!

I hope she doesn't mind me posting this, but here is the link to her thoughts.